Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Chaincase oil change on bobcat 763

moosefd ยท 2011-10-17 16:41

Does any one know where to drain the chain oil on a bobcat 763 and what type of oil or grease does it take to replace it. Thanks ahead of time.

Replies1
  1. #1MX452011-10-17 17:37

    I am the owner of a bobcat 753 - the chain case drain is a removeable plug at the front end of the machine - just behind the bucket on the main frame. In researching mine I got advices any oil would do - put simply it has to lubricate the chain drives. I used engine oil but added a viscosity enhancer to have it stick to the moving parts when not in use to limit start up wear and also added some teflon additive for extra wear protection. I recommend you check the seals on the chain case covers between your feet and under the seat for leaks and water/dust ingress. I took mine off and the chain case had been leaking and the oil was milky in consistency. The bottom of the chain case was 'gunky' and to me it was worth the effort although difficult to reseal them as the oil no longer weeps out and hence water/dust ingress is prevented. I resealed with RTV and it seems to be fine along with some new HT Bolts to replace the too soft Bobcat ones. Hope this helps, MX45.