Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Challenger 75C scraper hookup

cric8192 · 2024-08-28 01:18

I'm wanting to hook up a scraper that has electronically controlled directional control valves to a 75C tractor. The scraper has a pressure and return hose no load sense line but the 75C is closed center that's my first problem. Next problem is I would have to retrofit a controller of some sort to control the solenoids. If I were to set this up as power beyond I would need to get a load sense signal with shuttle and hookup somewhere? on the tractor. Is it possible to run something like this off a set of remotes to eliminate the load sense line issue? Last option is do away with the scraper control valve and run the cylinders directly off tractor remotes and run it that way. Interested if anyone has an opinion on the best way to go about this. Thanks

Replies4
  1. #156wrench2024-08-28 09:02

    What make and model of scraper?

  2. #2cric81922024-08-28 09:30

    good question somebody painted over the entire thing and I don’t see any markings. I believe it to be a Cat scraper from comparing online

  3. #356wrench2024-08-29 10:23

    So, the electric control valves are mounted on the scraper? Post a few pictures of the valve and the whole scraper. Your 75C has 4 remote valves, correct? You could eliminate the electric valve on the scraper, extend the 6 hoses and just use the remote couplers on the tractor. That valve on the scraper was most likely intended to be used with a crawler having only a 1 or 2 spool hyd tank

  4. #4cric81922024-09-06 22:29

    Thanks that is exactly what I ended up doing. All is good now I was overthinking it trying to use what was there.