Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Champion 710A

Adam Walden ยท 2022-07-10 13:16

I have a champion 710A in my shop, it will not take any gear. I pulled the strainer in the trans, it didn't have clutch material or anything that would lead me to believe I needed tu pull the trans, the owner said it would move when he parked it a couple years ago. I checked the pressures on the trans pump, they were just a little under spec at operating temp so I changed the pump, that didn't help, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated,

Replies8
  1. #1Welder Dave2022-07-13 01:51

    What transmission? If a Gearco 8400 could be the solenoids or not enough volts.

  2. #2Adam Walden2022-07-19 20:01

    Yes it has a power shift transmission

  3. #3Welder Dave2022-07-19 20:40

    The 8400 transmission? I think there were earlier power shifts too.

  4. #4DB22022-07-19 23:51

    Yes a 9150 was a powershift with 3 speeds and a manual high low. Depends on the year of the machine. The 8400 came out in around 1985.

  5. #5Welder Dave2022-07-20 01:54

    84 when the series II came out. Also went to Cummins engines.

  6. #6Adam Walden2022-07-20 05:17

    Could these possibly had a declutch of some kind, like some rubber tire loaders had?

  7. #7DB22022-07-20 09:24

    First thing I would check is if the drive shaft between the clutch and transmission stops spinning when trying to start moving. Could be a clutch issue as well.

  8. #8Welder Dave2022-07-20 14:46

    Don't think there'd be a declutch but need to figure out what transmission you have. Power shift is too vague. If it's an 8400 it wasn't uncommon for the solenoids to go out or act up from what I've read.