Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Champion 720 transmission seals replacement

Southbus ยท 2021-05-10 22:51

Moderators: please change current title by "Champion 720 transmission seals replacement" Thanks Continuing with my process of eliminating leaks on my 1988 Champion 720 motor grader ... I need to know the equivalences or measurements of the seals of the input shaft and the output shaft of the Gearko 8400 gearbox. In my country, Volvo, no longer sells spare parts for old machines, however there are stores that sell bearings and seals but I need at least the measurements or the alternative model and brand to Champion Seals. The part numbers are: 29743 29744 I also appreciate tips and tricks for doing the replacement of these seals. Cesar

Replies2
  1. #1Bluox2021-05-11 13:11

    Those numbers are good ,if you go to a industrial bearing house they will be able to cross them to another brand. Pull the yokes off and clean the seals off and try to read the numbers before you pull the seals. 29743=2.500 inches id 3.256 in od .500 in w. double lip spring backed. 29744 = 2.625 in id 3.376 in od .375 in w same type seal. Good luck Bob

  2. #2Southbus2021-05-12 23:00

    Bob, I'm going to go to the seal store to find out if they can cross with another brand of seals. That information you send me seems very accurate, where do you get it from? Anyway, I really appreciate the information. Cheers Cesar