Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Champion 720A transmission shifter

handtpipeline ยท 2013-03-28 00:02

We have a Champion 720A that I've posted about here before. It has had an intermittant shifting problem for probably 15 years that I know of. I know the previous owner had a dealer work on it, when he first bought it, the digital readout worked. I know this for a fact because I went and picked it up for him, and also ran it a few times for him. After he bought it, it got to where sometimes it wouldn't go into gear. You would have to kill it and re-start it sometimes to get it to go. After we bought it, it worked fine for a while (although the digital readout stays blank), then after a heavy rain it started messing up again. Now we can't even get it to go into gear. We looked at the electronic shifter module thing, and whatever the dealer did, they coated it with silicone (presumably to keep moisture out). Does anyone know who makes this, and where I can find one? Except for this issue, this machine is in very good condition.

Replies1
  1. #1Diagonal Brace2013-03-29 12:33

    Shiftless in Sperry There is a microswitch on the control that can cause the problem your describing. Wont provide any error codes. On ours we used to bang the shifter to get her to go.