Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

champion 726avhp float control, and saddle pin?

JAMES DASHNAU ยท 2026-01-15 20:13

at work i've got a couple graders at my disposal. a mini piece of junk I don't like, a cat 12m that is unfortunately down do to hydraulic leaks, and the good old champion 726. it runs and operates beautifully. It has the two float switches up on the dash that work correctly as far as I can tell, however there is a third switch (toggle) on the lower right side of the dash/column that when flipped illuminates a light with a float symbol, but doesn't seem to do anything. secondly, when I try to withdraw the saddle pin to go into high bank mode it doesn't respond. not sure if there's a common issue with that or not. I don't really have a use for the high bank mode besides simplifying cleaning. Any insight on either of these issues would be greatly appreciated.

Replies1
  1. #1cuttin edge2026-01-16 11:27

    Does it have the nitrogen canisters. Our 730 had the float buttons as you describe. But the Volvo i run now has the nitrogen system. That might be the single switch, anyway the nitrogen system. And saddle lock are on thr same fuse on the volvo