Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Champion 730A VHP Series V literature

cric8192 · 2024-03-01 22:42

Does anyone know where I can get a parts or service book for this unit? I found some old series 3 books but believe there are some significant differences. Thanks

Replies14
  1. #1Welder Dave2024-03-02 04:34

    Try Jade Equipment. They are in Edmonton and also have a location in Ontario. There is basic literature on the internet.

  2. #2cric81922024-03-02 20:02

    Thanks I reached out to them. I can’t find anything other than a sales brochure for this specific unit online. I’m willing to pay but can’t swing a 500$+ hard copy off eBay.

  3. #3Welder Dave2024-03-02 22:35

    Is there something specific you need to repair?

  4. #4cric81922024-03-02 22:47

    All hydraulics suddenly got really weak is the pressing issue. Was hoping for some pressure specs and to read up on the hydraulic system.

  5. #5Welder Dave2024-03-03 03:53

    Stuck relief valve maybe? Jade should be able to give you some guidance.

  6. #6cric81922024-03-03 10:59

    I’ve got 250psi on the working line going to valve bank when a function is activated. 0psi on the load sense line

  7. #7Welder Dave2024-03-03 16:18

    I think those machines are closed center and have low pilot pressure when nothing is activated. Something is causing yours to not to go higher than standby pilot pressure. I don't know if it's electrical or hyd. that activates the load sense line. I'm sure Jade would have some ideas to troubleshoot your problem.

  8. #8cric81922024-03-03 22:11

    Load sense line is hydraulic controlled I removed the load sense valve block- all the shuttle valves and seats are OK I blew air through the feedback line to the pump didn’t seem to be any issues with the load sense. I wonder if the pump has failed, the shaft seal looks to have recently blown out maybe due to increased case pressure? Will definitely give Jade company a call this week. I did message them about manuals

  9. #9Welder Dave2024-03-04 02:56

    If the pump blew a seal could be the problem. Could the pump have somehow deadheaded?

  10. #10jurick402024-03-05 07:03

    Does anyone knows to troubleshoot MG230

  11. #11James Sorochan2024-03-05 11:35

    Cric8192. There is a guy selling some service manuals on Kajiji. His name is Greg Kostiniuk ( Phone 780-826-1485 ) The add title is Champion Grader Snow Wing

  12. #12cric81922024-03-10 13:37

    Thanks it’s for a series 3 though different hydraulic setup. I put a pump on it hydraulics are now strong pressures within spec. Brake failure light is on and brakes are spongey. Jade doesn’t have books to give/sell you but are very helpful with bits of info. Might have to buy a book off eBay $$$

  13. #13Welder Dave2024-03-10 18:36

    For series 3 graders there are manuals on the Sierra Park 730A website. Owners, parts and service. I've got lots of info from there.

  14. #14Fatgraderman2024-03-25 18:09

    Series 3 used open center hydraulics. They went to load sensing with series 4. Not a ton of change between series 3 & 4. I wonder if putting a bit of oil pressure on the load sensing line would troubleshoot if it’s the pump?