Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Champion 780 IV – Circle won’t turn

YukonRob ยท 2015-03-09 11:26

Hi, I need to reset the circle timing on the champion 780 IV. I have the manuals but currently the blade is stuck in the exact opposite position as it needs to be to do this, and won't turn (it just fights). How can I rotate this to the proper position to start the timing process? Cheers, Rob

Replies2
  1. #1cuttin edge2015-03-10 03:19

    My old 730 used to stick every now and then. I used to put one corner of the blade on the ground, and drive ahead just to get it moving. Other than that, perhaps unhook your hoses, and push it with something, or remove the small gears.

  2. #2YukonRob2015-03-11 11:09

    Thanks for the reply. The weather has turned up here and it is currently too cold to be mucking about with this project. Hopefully next week I can get back to it.