Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Champion articulation

Welder Dave ยท 2022-08-29 18:51

I thought I'd start a new thread more specific to what I could use help with. I have a 1986 Champion 730A series II that the articulation doesn't appear to work. It is activated by a toggle switch so I thought maybe the 1st thing to check is if it has power to the switch. If it doesn't then I guess I need to check all the electrical connections. If the switch does have power where would be the next thing to check? The grader is working great and since it has articulation I figure I might as well try to get it working if it won't cost an arm and a leg to fix. Thanks in advance for any insight into the problem.

Replies3
  1. #1cuttin edge2022-09-10 18:14

    I don't remember what works the articulation. I do remember that the valves under the cab would stick from time to time. You would pull or push the control, and the spool would stick. Not sure if the same spools run the mid steer or not. If you drop the top half of the skid pan, you can see the spools.

  2. #2Welder Dave2022-09-11 10:20

    There's an electric toggle switch for the articulation on the wheel lean lever.

  3. #3cuttin edge2022-09-11 19:25

    That's what mine had as well, but I'm not sure what actuated it. If it moves the same type of spool as the levers, it might be stuck.