Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Champion grader differences

Welder Dave ยท 2022-10-06 00:40

Looking at pics. of older Champions I noticed they have a couple different styles of circle side shift cylinder mounts. Mine has a 2" thick plate that goes across the bottom of the frame. The cylinder is about 15 deg's. off horizontal and can be changed to the other side. The circle can slam against the cylinder mount if the operator isn't careful lifting the moldboard. The other style I saw has 2 seperate much smaller mounts on either side of the frame (up higher) and the cylinder is closer to 45 deg's. from horizontal. Wondering if anybody has noticed this or knows why there are 2 different types? I thought maybe the 2 seperate cylinder mounts allows for more horizontal tilt of the moldboard but not sure.

Replies2
  1. #1cuttin edge2022-10-06 19:22

    Does your machine have the saddle lock? I remember that Champion had a different style mount system with a saddle lock, and without

  2. #2Welder Dave2022-10-07 00:30

    No saddle lock.