I'm looking for a brake master cylinder kit for a Champion D600 grader. Any ideas where I can find parts for these? I believe Volvo bought them out, just wondering if there are other sources available. I thought maybe I could just buy cups at the parts store but it looks pretty specialized.
Try strongco in Mississauga Ontario. They are the largest Volvo dealer in North America and have quite a pile of champion parts. Sorry I don't have the phone number. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Jade equipment specializes in Champion parts. http://www.jadeequipment.com/
Be careful though, they will charge pretty outrageous shipping charges to the US. I'd do some google searching on the part #'s on the side of the master cylinder, I'll bet you can find a complete master cylinder. I was able to find one in the US for our D562 last year for a very reasonable price.
For just a master cylinder I'd bet a good commercial brake shop may be able to match it. For parts in general or hard to find parts Jade might be a good option.
If you do price a new one, I'd be interested in knowing the price. We put a new one on a 730 about 8 years ago, and it was about $800.00 from strongo. The old one was pitted really bad inside and couldn't be rebuilt. Seems to me that there was also a $250 core charge on that as the old was scrap.
I've done a little checking, it's a Wagner Lockheed FD2704 which is a very popular number used in many trucks ect. However, the internals are totally different using a compound piston. With a little more time spent on Google I found that Allis Chalmers used the same system on their 840 wheel loaders so Monday I will check to see if it is the same bore size and hopefully will be able to go that way. Thanks for the help so far.
Seems I priced one from Jade last summer and it was around $300 for a series one 720. If you source it from Volvo I'd be sitting down and prepare for some intimate discomfort.
So I checked it out and the AC 840 has the same power booster and master cylinder so I was able to get one from MinnPar. Thanks for the help.