Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Champion windshield wiper

Welder Dave ยท 2026-06-06 01:11

After driving in the rain on a gravel road with a useless windshield wiper, I'm wondering if Champion used a standard HD windshield wiper or if I need to buy an OEM one?

Replies10
  1. #1Deere500a2026-06-06 09:57

    Good chance on the ol girl you pull the old rubber blade out & restall a new blade insert. Wiper frame stays on the arm

  2. #2Welder Dave2026-06-06 16:26

    I'll have to take a good look at it to see if just needs a new rubber. I saw online it might use an HD series Trico wiper assembly.

  3. #3Deere500a2026-06-06 17:38

    If it's a Trico J hook wiper arm new wiper assembly are comnon

  4. #4Welder Dave2026-06-12 21:20

    Here's what style of wiper it uses. A metal U shape that holds the rubber blade. I don't think just the rubber can be replaced.

  5. #5Deere500a2026-06-12 22:54

    Whoops, we couldn't find that.

  6. #6Deere500a2026-06-12 22:56
  7. #7HarleyHappy2026-06-13 10:00

    Looks as same as my backhoe. Was able to go into Napa and buy them. They come in different lengths, for older vehicles.

  8. #8Welder Dave2026-06-13 21:58

    Thanks for finding that! I think a Trico HD flat blade will work. I found an auto parts place that has them and Napa looks to have them too but not in stock at stores near me. I want to make sure it matches before I order one. The grader has a double arm wiper on the front and single arm on the rear. I'm only concerned with the front for now but hopefully I can find a wiper blade cheaper than going through Volvo. It is 20" long.

  9. #9Deere500a2026-06-14 10:43

    Double arm Flat glass wipes were on buses & equipment . AC Delco still out there making em #8-7211

  10. #10Welder Dave2026-06-15 22:53

    Trico HD 61 series looks to be the right blades. Couple places had 18" but the second place had 20" at their other store so they'll get it transfered for me to pick up tomorrow.