I read an older thread from mtrgrader that said to periodically adjust the clutch so it doesn't wear out prematurely. Grader is a 1886 730A. It has the earlier version brake and clutch that uses Dot 3 fluid. I think it might slip a little bit. The machine wants to move slightly when the clutch is fully depressed and you put it in gear. When I was doing a hard push and couldn't push any more it didn't stall. I was thinking maybe a clutch adjustment would be a good idea. The machine will usually spin the tires but not always.
Just check to see if you have free play in the linkage going to the clutch
Thanks, I should check the fluid level too. The brakes are obvious when the fluid is low. Now I remember it did stall a couple times because I remember the clutch pedal was really hard to push and as soon as I started the grader back up, the clutch pedal went right to the floor because I was pushing on it.