I have purchased a Komatsu PC228USLC-3NO excavator and would like to change the operator controls to the Hitachi or John Deere configuration. Is this able to be done by switching the hydraulic lines on the spools or is there some other method to do this?
looks fairly new, MIGHT be a panel somewhere with a lever that will switch the controls over, otherwise get hydraulic technician in and they should be able to do it for you.
It is a 2005 Komatsu. Thanks for the info, I will call Komatsu and see if I can talk to a tech.
I almost bought one of those before I bought the 320 Cat ….. most every one of those I seen or tried out came with a 3-way pattern changer valve, located behind the cab in the compartment with the rad in it …… and yup a 3-way : ISO/JD , SAE/Cat and some weird Asian pattern ……. might be worth your while to have a look, but if not equiped with one it's not a huge problem just a matter of changing around 4-pilot lines ….. good-luck
metcon, The PC228USLC-3's that I have seen all have pattern changers and they are located in control valve (right side of boom) compartment. Should be a cylinder about 8 inches in diameter with a turn handle and wing nut. Loosen wing nut, turn handle 90 degrees and tighten down wing nut.
Thanks, I'll have a look. I called the Komatsu dealer and ran the serial number and the machine was built and equipped with a a switch to change over to JD controls. Now just a matter of finding it.
Anyone know what this Komatsu PC228USLC-3NO goes for an hour in Manitoba Canada? I have to submit a rate schedule to several customers and with not owning this size before, I am not sure what to charge.
It should be really easy to do ….. just follow the pilot lines back from the joysticks in the cab back …….that's really interesting coalrulz that they would mount that on the opposite side of the machine, cause the ones I had seen were where I had posted …… hmmmm ….. when I bought the Cat 320 there wasn't one on the machine the Cat dealer installed one for me in the same compartment behind the cab, that location usually is the shortest distance to modify the lines ….. oh well now i'll know another place to look if I ever have to …. metcon ! ……. You are very Lucky if it has one as it was spec'd by the dealer …… that mod cost me $4500 w/labor …. those valves from the OEM are very pricey …. a couple years later I wanted one on the 312 …… I went to a hyd supply place they sold me an elec solenoid kit for $500 …. it took a day of fooling around with fittings and building a bracket but was worth it ….. dealers can't install them in their machines due to Work-Safe regulations, So they say ??
Check u'r other thread you started asking the same question …..