Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Changing control pattern on linkbelt 4300c

Ratmotorhead ยท 2017-06-05 22:53

Hello gentlemen I am in the process of changing the control pattern on a linkbelt 4300c. I want the boom and swing on left and dipper and bucket on right. Out of my joystick controls there are six hoses per side,of the six only two go directly to the control valve function. The other four go to blocks which go to tracks and swing. Should I only swap the two fittings on the ends of my control valves corresponding to my function,and leave the others alone. Any input would be appreciated. This machine does not have a block behind the cab like most so it is kind of confusing.

Replies2
  1. #1mikebramel2017-06-05 23:01

    Is there any union in between the joystick and the valve bank? You could install a pattern changer there

  2. #2Ratmotorhead2017-06-05 23:30

    Thanks for the response mike. Only two pilot lines on the left joystick go all the way to the main control valve dipper function the other four lines go to two separate blocks tied into tracks the other to swing. On the right joystick same thing two lines go to main valve for boom spool the other four lines go to track function and bucket. I don't have a problem adding a selector valve I would just add the difference in hose length . Wouldn't the lines have to correspond with its same function on the opposite side, or wouldn't it matter