Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Changing Fuel Filter on Volvo EC160BLC…is it self-priming?

Heavy Chevy ยท 2024-07-02 07:09

I bought new fuel and water separator filters for my Volvo EC160BLC (2004) excavator. Unfortunately, I don't have a service manual and need help ensuring that I don't screw up and can't get it started after changing the filters. I've recently purchased this machine but have never done a service on it. How should I change the fuel water separator and after I change the fuel filter, does it self-prime by turning the key until you hear it stop filling the filter? Help?

Replies4
  1. #1Heavy Chevy2024-07-02 07:16

    SN: EC160V10397

  2. #2funwithfuel2024-07-02 18:55

    On the water separator, should be a black rubber diaphragm. That's your primer. Just pump that with yer thumb till you get tired, then switch thumbs till it gets firm. Then she should fire up.

  3. #3funwithfuel2024-07-02 18:57

    The separator should be in the center of the machine inboard of the fuel tank. Good luck BTW, the separator should be serviced with the fuel filter

  4. #4Heavy Chevy2024-07-02 21:39

    Great! I will change the fuel filter first then..and then I will remove and change the fuel water separator and get my thumbs to working.....lol.... Thx!