I bought a MF516 skid steer made by Fermec. The man bought from had ATF (automatic transmission fluid) for Hydraulics. It seems to work OK, but worried about the pump failing from using it. It has a Vickers pump. No one I've talked to has heard of anyone using ATF for hyd. fluid. He said that is what they told him to use. This machine is 15 yrs old with 3700 hrs. My question is how do I flush it out, and will it hurt anything if don't get it all out? Would appreciate any help on this. William
An automatic transmission is a hydraulic unit just like your machine. ATF is a very popular hydraulic fluid. If it has 3700 hours and it is working well and the fluid samples are good I would not worry
Thanks Thank you for your quick reply. I'm going to try to get in touch with him, and find out more. Like did it have ATF in it when he bought it five years hence.
I think the Fermec hydraulics ran on ATF
Ok Thanks. That is what I'm thinking. Called the man bought from, and he said that is what was in it when he bought it. So think you are right.
Well it turns out it is suppose to use 10w30. I have Hydraulic oil in it now. This skid steer's hyd. pump makes a loud noise when under load. I don't think this should be. It has done this since owned, thought changing oil would help, but didn't. Does anyone have any idea's on this?
If it is suppose to have 10w 30 and you put hydro oil in what weight did you use? If I'm not mistaken to be close to the proper weight for 10w30 you'd have to use something heavier then a iso 64(??) not positive about the weights off hand without looking. A hydro 32 fluid is about equal to a 10 weight, that seems to be the most aviable in this area