Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

changing hydraulic sequence on 963 crawler

h3xaeon ยท 2014-01-26 10:31

Hello, I'm used to the Volvo style double stick loaders. Such as when u pull the stick closest to u back the boom raises. And when u pull the stick farther from u back the bucket closes. The 963 on the job operates slightly different. The boom is the same but the bucket opens when u pull back instead of closes. I'm a decent operator that's set in his ways and does not want learn this way. I know on hoes there's a leaver to change this is there one for loaders as well? If so where?

Replies4
  1. #1Mobiltech2014-01-26 10:48

    I have never seen a pattern change valve on a track loader. You could swap the pilot lines on the bottom of the pilot control valve that's connected to the lever in the cab.

  2. #2powerjoke2014-01-26 17:13

    after you get used to it being cats ass backwards you'll wonder why every machine you have ever operated is not this way......hang in there you'll get used to it and love it! pj

  3. #3Truck 5052014-01-26 17:33

    I agree pj. The way Cat does it is the only two lever setup for a loader that makes any sense to me.

  4. #4DMiller2014-01-26 21:41

    I have had either Allis or aftermarket loader controls on farm equipment, they are all opposite of Cat. My Allis had three levers, one separate for the 4/1 bucket so was overly a handful so I adapted it to a single crowd/dump lift/lower control that works reasonably while still having the 4/1 bucket control. Back is raise, forward is down for main frame, left is bucket dump and right is bucket curl, my two sticks were forward to dump or lower and back to raise or curl.