Does anyone know if the the attachment and auxiliary hoses in side the Cat track inside the boom can be changed without splitting the booms?
I always do them with out dismantling the boom. I just leave one side of the hose with out a fitting crimped on. Cut the old fitting off the original hose and cut a v notch about 1/2 back then put a tag line on it and a second line to attach the new hose to. Cut a v notch in new hose and tie it to the old hose. Butt them up and put a few wraps of tape. Then pull each old hose one by one and allow it to pull the new hose in and through the boom/track. I put a tag line on just in case it hose gets stuck or apart and I can't get it all the way through. I crimp the fittings on after with my portable crimper. I can re hose a skytrak 6/k in about 45 minutes start to finish a 10k in about an 1 1/2 hour in the field making my own hoses. Every once in while one does get hung up or it's crossed over and stuck. But 99% of the time it goes pretty smooth. You can pull the hose with fittings through ok on most 8/6ks but it's a Little more work and not as smooth. Some 10ks it's near impossible to do with fittings in hose with out a disassembled boom. But that's extra work you don't have to do.
Thank you for the information. I am thinking I will need to stretch out the boom sections to access the the 2 ends of the hoses correct? Also do you know if it is possible to un bolt the the hose rack assemble and slide everything out the front of the boom while everything is stored instead of pulling the hoses ?