Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Charge spec for a Cat B6s breaker

92U 3406 ยท 2023-01-18 13:02

Have a B6s Cat breaker in the shop and was hoping someone would be able to pull up a charge spec for the nitrogen. Unfortunately the serial number tag is damaged and all I can possibly make out is that the prefix starts with an "H" maybe. Going out on a limb I'd guess its probably going to be in the ballpark of 220 PSI but I'd rather have the actual spec.

Replies3
  1. #1heymccall2023-01-18 13:12

    Probably just a "B6" HA6.

  2. #292U 34062023-01-18 13:36

    I wasn't too far off on my guess. Thank you very much.

  3. #392U 34062023-01-18 21:44

    Well its not looking good for this one. It still had the majority of its nitrogen charge in the top. Everything else looked good so I took it out to the test slab and fired it for a while. Wouldn't ya know it, its leaking oil like a sieve. Took it all apart and there's some pretty deep damage to the piston and cylinder - too deep to polish out unfortunately.