Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Charging 4D BCI 12 volt battery

Rob Toro · 2025-10-08 22:36

Greetings Ladies or Gents, I just purchased a Schumacher fully automatic charger SC 1362 model, with 85A engine start⏺ 30A boost⏺62A charge/maintain. Charger is for 6V/12V battery. Im having a problem understanding instructions. I want to charge one 4D BCI 12 volt battery outside or removed from 235 cat excavator and im not sure what type of battery to set charger there's two choices standard and AGM. And what charge rating to select between 62A charge/maintain , 30A boost , and 85A engine start. I searched everywhere and can't find a solid answer. I always get different answers. even AI gives different results. Oh boy I think I better go back to school and take a technician coarse. If anybody has a simple answer just to charge the battery, would be appreciated.

Replies2
  1. #1heymccall2025-10-08 23:24

    Use these settings to charge that battery if time isn't an issue.

  2. #2Rob Toro2025-10-09 18:12

    Thanks for direction and quick response heymc