Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cheap trailer

Truck Shop ยท 2020-10-30 19:11

https://medford.craigslist.org/hvo/d/medford-heavy-duty-trailer/7221263451.html

Replies8
  1. #1Old Doug2020-10-30 21:35

    A little heavy for my c70 but it looks like a good buy.

  2. #2JPV2020-10-30 22:42

    I am going to pass that along to the boss...

  3. #3Tugger22020-10-30 23:21

    Interesting how you see this unique super duty military equipment up for surplus. You always wonder ,do they ever use any of it? A friend bought a complete unused diesel hammer and leads in a box for 16000.00 from RB auction. A few years earlier i remember reading an articall in one of the pile magazines describing Berminghammers contract to build dozens of these things for the US Military for over a hundred G s ea.Crazy specs, box filled with every tool you could need to drive a pile.

  4. #4sled dog2020-10-31 06:06

    Went to an auction a couple years ago. A 631 scraper with 9 hours on it, cutting edge had never been in the dirt. Another 631 with 27 hours. A D7F with 3 hours, plastic still on the seat and winch, paper stick on shipping tags still on the blade face. All basicly new machines, military surplus. I jokingly told one of the auction helpers I had already paid for these once with tax dollars, could I just load them up? Yeah, that didn't happen...

  5. #5terex herder2020-10-31 07:50

    A local contractor bought one of those low hour ex-government D8 machines. IIRC it was about 20 years old at the time, with about 20 hours on the clock. Every seal on that machine leaked badly, pretty much one at a time. They started out repairing leaks, but then gave up. They ended up parting it out and made good money, but it wasn't a usable machine. I wonder if that trailer is one of the 10' wide models?

  6. #6Truck Shop2020-10-31 11:10

    To me It looks 96" to 102"

  7. #7Old Doug2020-10-31 19:27

    I have never seen a military rig with alot of miles. I saw a 50s P wagon with around 30,000 miles that had a brass plate saying it had been totaly rebuilt 10.000 miles ago. I have a 53 M38A1 that has 32,000 miles on it. I dont mind i want the people keeping me safe to have the best stuff money can buy they put their lives on the line i dont want them to have to deal with junk equipment or gear.

  8. #8_Weldman_2020-11-01 00:03

    Running 15.5" wheels on it I see, hope you got a spare as I doubt Les Schwab or any roadside assistance going to have one ready to go anytime soon.