Looking for a excavator in the 50 sizefor use on our acreage for stumps, road repair etc.Does anybody have any tips on checking them out??Wanted a RTB but they are few and far between for something decent.The age group I would look at went mostly went to the US for a while because our dollar was low at the time.Small excavators are common around here so.Thank
what size is 50 in US type
5 tons
a few things to get started I have bought 5 used excavators 40 and under. I always make sure they will lift themselves up. First I put down the blade lifting the front then swing around and lift the back with the hoe, it should easily lift itself. While I have it in the air I check the tracks by rolling them one at a time and check for cuts etc. Also if there are no leaks it should stay in the air for quite sometime. While its up there rock the tracks from side to side just over the drive sprocket, there shouldn't be too much movement. Next I lift the boom and extend the stick and get out and move it by hand from the bucket, see how much movement is in the main pin, this will also sometimes move the entire housing, that is one to avoid. If your not that familiar with operating the machine have the owner run it while you observe. That should give you a good idea of what the machine is capable of. I am not that familiar with the engine, just check for blowby and oil sitting around. Also ask the owner not to start the machine before you get there, you want to start a cold machine, you may notice lots of black smoke for a few seconds. That could just be diesel sitting in the cylinder and not too much to worry about as long as it doesn't last more than a few seconds. Good luck.
^^^^^um what the ^^^^^ is it spam?^^^^^
Wow all I had to say is 5 tons, and I get this extraordinary business offer from across the world.
We picked up an EX-55UR3 from the auction a couple months ago, and have been using it quite a bit around our farm. Stumps larger than about 12" at the base can take a while to pull with the smaller machine, but are doable. Try to get one with both digging and cleanup buckets, they are hard to find used. Also, the offset boom is very handy for tight spots, but does add a lot of weight to the boom. Might want to avoid it if you have a lot of steep hills to drive down, but overall is a big help. We'll be adding a thumb soon for moving rocks, wish I woudl have bought one with the thumb install since it will cost quite a bit to add. Where abouts in BC are you?