Does anyone out there know how to check trans level on a 1986 FL5. I have a pretty serious leak but I need to move it. Would like to check before I do. Also, what type of fluid does it take? It looks red from the stram left behind machine. While we are on the subject it also looks like I have some leaking from my final drives. How do I check the levels of these? What type of gear oil will I need to top them up? Thanks for all you help. Big.
trans leaks the transmission more that likely has Dextron type ATF in it should be a dipstick on the right side of the floorboard if I remember correctly. The final drivs would be 90wt gear oil there is a plug in the inside of each case takes about a 5/8 allen wrench to remove
i got this but want that hey big builder i have complete manuals for fl5 ,as i have one too ,though i am also on a steep learning curve, need to build up my grousers cant post yet though! iam thinking to cut 3inch long by 3/4 bars and alternate 2on one pad then one etc. does anyone know if this is right , and where do you weld it leading edge middle or end? thanks and sorry for hijacking your thread drop me aline if you want those manuals. rebarman