Chicago Pneumatic air compressor, No.65917, 125 CFM, RG-2 ,rotary vane compressor ( year built 1959) gas engine , recently inherited this machine, runs fine , blows lot of air, though lots of oil also . unfortunately no manuals or parts list . checked with Chicago Pneumatic and no help from them. after some research,lol,lol, a lot of searching, things done so far : drained approx 8 gal of oil (seems like a lot) pulled the oil separator filter ( unusual arrangement) ,in the process of cleaning all the other filters and return tubes that i can find. any help would be appreciated.
Overfilled, scavenge line plugged, air -oil separator bad ( plugged, saturated, ruptured).
thank you , working on all those issues , except the separator, not sure what to do about it , it just perforated plates and some kind of fibrous material stuff ( kinda like fiberglass ) between the plates.
It should have at least couple of layers of som kind of media, at least on outside. If it is gone - that’s your problem, lady! the biggest problem is to find new one! There’s also should be a tube going down almost to the bottom of the filter-separator, that supposed to suck the oil that did manage to go passed the separator back to air end.
Hello Ron, I realize that this reply is four years after your posting and I hope that you are still active in the forum. I just joined the forum as I also have one of these Chicago Pneumatic RG-2 125 CFM compressors - Serial Number 60713, built in 1957. It does not run and I would like to get it running, but I am up against a lot of work and obstacles as both the engine and compressor units need to be rebuilt. I have been searching the internet for a CP compressor unit workshop manual and made many calls, but without any real success. It appears that everything needs to be done over. The carburetor is in poor shape, the generator is missing, wiring is shot, other parts are off of the machine, but appear to be present. The engine is a Hercules JX4D-3, and I think that it's rebuilding will be less of a challenge than the compressor unit. I wondered whether the orange paint on mine was the original color and as I can see yours is the same, so it must be the original CP color. I do have people looking for a manual for it for me, and if I can get one I will share it with you. I was wondering how you made out with the oil separator filter - were you able to locate a source for replacement material or parts? I'm starting a folder of information on this machine and if I can assist you I will be happy to. This will become a long-term project for me, especially as I really need to get an old Towmwtor forklift operational in order to move ahead. All the best. Francis Cardamone - 128