Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

China Version Cat ET

stonedj ยท 2014-10-29 10:57

Hello. I am trying to get some feedback on the China version of Cat ET. Does it actually work, and is it legal to use it? I was a CAT EPG Tech for over 10 years and have started working at a site where I commissioned all the emergency power equipment. I do most of all the work myself, but the one thing I am lacking is CAT ET. When I was at CAT I had heard about China's version but never had any experience. I am not trying to cheat CAT out of their money but I know that they are proud of their stuff and allot of times there are cheaper alternatives. So any info or experience you have would be appreciated. Thank you.

Replies7
  1. #1MJHeavy2014-10-29 12:59

    PM me and we can talk about what you would need.

  2. #2stonedj2014-10-29 15:03

    I am having trouble figuring out how to PM you.

  3. #3Mobiltech2014-10-29 15:15

    the only problem with the china version is that its hard to get the activation code to work. Their tech guys aren't much help

  4. #4digger242j2014-10-29 15:51

    The PM function isn't available until you're a "full member", as opposed to a "probationary member". That changes after you've made three posts. One more, and you should be good to go.

  5. #5MJHeavy2014-10-29 16:41

    do you need an activation?

  6. #6stonedj2014-10-29 18:44

    Well this my third post so hopefully now I can PM.

  7. #7MJHeavy2014-11-19 11:01

    If anyone else needs help with ET you can PM me