Hi guys. Im looking for a set of 17.5r25's for my 770g. Curently has michelin snowplus tire. They are an awesome tire, but I don't like the price. Im in canada so I'm around $3200 each for the snow plus. This makes the 'Chinese' tires look way more attractive. Westlakes are $1350 each. Maxam are $1500 each. I also have 2 options for a bead to bead recap. First option is "good carcass" already made for $1700 each. Or they can recap my carcass for $1350 each, but my machine would be on blocks for about 3 weeks. The recaps are a bead to bead. So its basically new rubber completely encapsulating the outside of the tire, not just a strip of tread glued to the circumference. These are all for a winter style tire. I'm leaning towards a Chinese, and then keeping the carcasses in the shop until its time to need another set, and sending those michelins to get recapped at that time. Any reviews on westlake or maxam?
I think Westlake were somewhat common for skid steer tires. If your existing tires are in good shape except for tread, I'd look at retreads as long as they are done by a reputable shop like Goodyear or Bandag but I don't know if Bandag does grader tires. I put some overseas Neumaster tires on my skid steer that I'm happy with. I can't remember the name of the ones I replaced but they were crap. I got them from a Goodyear distributor but they didn't sell them for very long.
Not a good time of year to be ip on blocks for 3 or more weeks if you do any plowing. All our loaders run Chinese tires in winter Some are 14 years old but never run in summer
I put some Chinese Radials on last year and so far no complaints. I believe they are Maxams, bunch of guys around here have been using them on graders and loaders. For what I'm doing it was an easier pill to swallow and I'm not seeing any down side to them yet.