Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Chinese Howo Trucks any good?

Plant Fitter ยท 2012-09-10 07:13

Anybody had any experience at all with Chinese made Howo trucks? http://www.howoqg.com/index.asp Any stories, good or bad..........

Replies11
  1. #1JGS Parts2012-09-10 08:08

    Well Sino Truck i know well live near there factory they are considered one of the better trucks in china i think that companys website you sent me is a trading company not the real agent for sino truck. but mate like all chinese things they should make 2 versions a set up for the local chinese market and one for export. mate i would suggest coming to china and having a look at the truck first hand. but there is a **** load of truck manufactures over FAW is another good one we run 2 of there trucks and my uncle in law drives one interstate all the time over here.

  2. #2Plant Fitter2012-09-10 18:06

    Thanks JGS for the reply. I am not planning to buy myself but someone I know is interested. They asked me my opinion but I had never heard of them before. Good advice to have a look at them first. I am hoping to get a few replies from others that have worked with them to see how they hold up in the real world. Do you know if Sino Truck are related to Sino Heavy Equipment? They used to import Chinese graders and such into Australia, but I can't seem to find a website for them, so it seems that they have disappeared?

  3. #3JGS Parts2012-09-10 20:15

    Sino Trucks is not part of Sino Heavy Equipment i know that much sino heavy equipment was just a bloke importing a whole heap of different chinese brands and renaming them sino mate if you want to have a chat about them or any other chinese gear give me a call if you want on 02 8005 1909 thanks james JGS

  4. #4DoosanFan2012-09-11 01:24

    If I can remember correctly, MAN of Germany entered into some sort of agreement with Sinotruk to manufacture the older technology MAN engines under the Sinotruk brand. Doosan does the same I think, hence the D12 and D6 prefixes to the engine models. I don't think Howo puts these engines in all their trucks though. I speak under correction here... And I would be cautious of running those Chinese gearboxes. Otherwise, let us know if he gets one and if so, how it performs.

  5. #5JGS Parts2012-09-11 02:04

    I know you can get the Sino trucks with a ZF gearbox made in germany if you ask for it that would get around the chinese gearbox issue. and also doosanfan i think you are right about the MAN joint venture as i have seen MAN trucks here made by sino truck.

  6. #6DoosanFan2012-09-11 12:28

    Ohk, that would get around it wouldn't it... The MAN truck venture thingy, Sinotruk builds the CLA range for China if I'm not mistaken, and I believe Sinotruk intends using the old TGA cab design for their new range of trucks, but I haven't seen anything more on that... Do you know any more about that?

  7. #7cps2012-09-11 13:02

    Not very relevant i know, but having had a look at there website i would say the tipper truck cabs are, or are a copy of the old Volvo FL cabs, don't know how similar the rest of the truck is!

  8. #8Plant Fitter2012-09-12 06:49

    Thanks for the replies. Yes I agree they look European, so probably inspired by MAN, Volvo etc. It would be good to know how they perform.

  9. #9JGS Parts2012-09-12 07:15

    it can be hard to base a chinese truck vs an australian model as the chinese tend to run different parts and always use a smaller engine as they believe it uses less fuel so i think you need to find some one using them outside of china

  10. #10Plant Fitter2012-09-12 07:52

    Yes it would be good to know how the ones that have been sold across Africa are holding up.

  11. #11nickbowers2015-02-03 18:57

    Anyone got any further info on these? As far as i can tell they are for offroad use only as they are only euro 2 emissions. But would be good farm trucks if they are reliable enough The new ones have a Volvo steering wheel and dash