Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CID attachments ? Good/Bad?

showmestateride ยท 2015-03-13 23:52

Looking at buying some CID attachments . Anybody heard of them or have them ? pros /Cons ?

Replies6
  1. #1Todd v.2015-03-14 18:25

    They seem to make solid stuff, it's not engineered to a super high degree but they give you good bang for the buck IMO.

  2. #2kckc2015-05-06 23:54

    I looked at one of their brush cutters but they are still using a gear box instead of a direct drive. Seems I was told a direct drive had much fewer parts to damage.

  3. #3Todd v.2015-05-07 06:28

    Actually if you look on their websight they are now making their top line mower with a direct drive piston motor on it. But I have not seen one for sale in the normal places or any videos of one in action.

  4. #4kckc2015-05-07 12:23

    found it... it's their extreme brush cutter - wonder why it needs a case drain - I don't think any of the others I've looked at had that.

  5. #5Todd v.2015-05-07 12:46

    Any piston motor should have a case drain, it prevents pressure buildup behind the seals so they don't fail.

  6. #6kckc2015-05-07 12:48

    I'll have to check the other brands I've looked at - I just don't recall them having a case drain so maybe a different set up. thanks for the info