Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

clarification of the operation of the dumper tailgate opening and closing mechanism

trombeur · 2024-02-07 02:02

clarification of the operation of the dumper tailgate opening and closing mechanism: hi, in an old dumper made by Perlini, I think T 15, the model is a truck which, due to its size and capacity, could circulate on the road if approved, I was saying I noticed a mechanism, a device for opening and closing the side. That is, not like in modern tippers, hydraulically controlled by oil-dynamic pistons, but rather from a device made with simple connecting rod levers. nothing sophisticated or difficult to achieve. Could you give me further information, thanks. a similar system was used on large and robust tippers that were used by trucks transporting rocks and boulders to build artificial cliffs. that is, at the same time as the tipping and lifting movement of the box for unloading the rocks, the lower side was hinged to the frame of the bottom of the box and therefore a system of levers and tie rods opened and lowered the side as the box was raised, bringing it parallel to the level of the bottom of the box. would you have photos or drawings of this device, thanks, I think it is simple and effective. I attach photos. Thanks do you know other heavy machinery that uses this device?

Replies6
  1. #1skyking12024-02-07 09:57

    As you say, it is a simple and robust mechanism. Nothing but levers on pivots. If I want to make something like that, I make a scale model of the mechanism with cardboard or plywood, and move the pivots on the model until I achieve the proper function. Then I scale it up. Then you find out what is strong enough, usually by bending a few pieces to find out what is NOT strong enough

  2. #2BC Placer gold2024-02-07 10:13

    Thanks for the photos! Simple, ingenious system for the tailgate. Looks pretty robust & not a lot to go wrong.

  3. #3trombeur2024-02-08 02:14

    If you know similar devices, could you kindly attach photos or drawings, thanks

  4. #4Zewnten2024-02-08 14:49

    Do you want it to open up or down when the bed dumps? CAT, Deere/Bell? and Volvo uses the up method on their ATD and rigid frames. That opening down like a truck tailgate seems like a poor design to me.

  5. #5trombeur2024-02-12 04:21

    Potresti gentilmente allegare foto o disegni, grazie, scusate se insisto

  6. #6trombeur2024-02-14 02:06

    Campana Dumper B30​