hey all Im working on bringing a 125c back to life after sitting since at least 2001, got the engine to fire up and it runs decent (amazingly, Cummins 555) the trans fluid was on the stick before starting and now its got nothing what fluid do I need and also any advise or things I need to check to make sure I dont tear up anything? it wouldnt move after starting and I just assumed there wasnt enough fluid now??? Thanks a ton, not real familiar with the wheel loaders.
Every Clark transmission that I been around took ATF fluid. That said I am not familiar with Clark front end loaders. Try RMS, (Road Machinery Supply). I believe that at least the one in Duluth, MN still handles Clark parts. I'm betting they can tell you.
ATF of that era is what I remember also.
So being a young pup, not sure what ATF “of the era” would be? Type F?
My memory of Clark transmissions in various equipment from way back the ATF specification would have been either Dexron II or Dexron III, none of this new-fangled synthetic stuff. Having said that I see no reason why a TO-4 specification oil of the appropriate viscosity could not be used.