Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Clark 290M Scraper Turbo Parts

Mike Davies · 2022-09-25 17:13

Hi all, so glad to find this group! I'm helping my friend rebuild his scraper. We noticed leaks in the turbo and took it out. However, in overhauling the turbo, the mechanic can not find the seals (and gaskets). He said "all my old suppliers have passed away"! Apparently Clark has been purchased by Volvo, and they don't support supplying parts like these. Since these guys I'm working with mostly don't use the internet, I'm reaching out on their behalf to you all on their behalf. I don't know if it matters, but the Serial Number is: 2420-088-9384. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance!

Replies12
  1. #1Tyler d4c2022-09-25 17:51

    What engine is it.

  2. #21466IH2022-09-25 19:22

    Turbo should be no problem to source. There used to be a company that would rebuild the complete machine and they also turned them into ag tractors. They were called rite tractors. Believe it was clark290m.com

  3. #3td14steve2022-09-26 06:00

    Been a long time since I was on one but I think they had a cummins originally. Steve

  4. #4Vetech632022-09-26 07:54

    Unless its something exotic you should be able to source parts and service for that turbo locally. Is there an ID tag on the turbo you can post a pic of here?

  5. #5thepumpguysc2022-09-26 11:40

    Most turbos have an ID tag somewhere on the turbo.. It’s either on the compressor housing (aluminum hsg) or a tag on the center section.. Worse comes to worse, the manufacturing info that’s on the aluminum hsg will get u in the ballpark..ex: Holset C3

  6. #6Mike Davies2022-09-26 16:14

    Wow, thanks everyone for the replies! Here are pics of the tags in it I saw.... The engine is a Cummings NT 380 CI or C1. Does that help??

  7. #7Tinkerer2022-09-28 08:09

    It was difficult for me to view those files in the manner they are posted.

  8. #8Mike Davies2022-09-29 16:34

    Any more ideas? I tried Rite Tractors phone number, but that has been disconnected. There are no local dealers who have these parts. Volvo, who currently owns Clark does not support these older machines. Other ideas??

  9. #9Bluox2022-09-29 18:02

    Call a Cummins dealer with that engine serial number ,they should be able to tell you which turbo that motor came with heck they may even have one. Bad Bob

  10. #10Mike Davies2022-09-29 20:14

    My apologies, I messed up! It’s the torque converter behind the motor that needs the parts, not the turbo on the engine. Sorry for being a beginner in this business

  11. #11Tinkerer2022-09-30 14:42

    I have had good luck with older machine replacement parts at Joseph Industries. https://www.joseph.com/

  12. #12Mike Davies2022-10-05 09:42

    Tinkerer, THANK YOU! This is the best lead I've had yet!!