I’m trying to figure out why my bucket and boom valves are so hard to move. And can’t find any info about does anyone have any tips or tricks
First thing to do is make sure all the linkage moves freely. Not sure if it's direct coupled or maybe uses a push pull cable. Lube all pivot points and if a cable, disconnect it and try to work some penetrating oil or lube into it. If all that moves freely then need to look at the spools on valve. Could have dirt build up, rust or other type of damage on spools. May need new seals because they got hard or damaged making the spool really stiff.
I’ve looked at all the pivot points. It’s a cable push pole we’ve had to valves apart couldn’t find nothing wrong with them. Put them back together still Steph it’s both spools not just one. I didn’t know if this was something that the clerk had a traits my first Clark I want John Deers and cases but never Clark.
Do the push pull cables slide back and forth smoothly and easily when disconnected and when hooked up. They're known to get stiff over time if not lubed occasionally.
Cables work fine we took apart the electric auto leveling and found nothing broke. And at that time the spool moved smoothly. Put it back together and it worked hard again. And it’s both spools not just one
Sounds like the push pull cables are binding when installed. Do they have to make a curve when installed? With the levers, could they're pivots need cleaning and lubed? If the spools move freely the problem has to be in the levers and/or the cables.
Check all of that can’t seem to fine the problem. I think it has something to to with the kickbout
Can you take the kickout out of the equation?
the return spring is in the kick out. Is I could find a spool with and change part
Are the bolts passing through the housing too tight, causing the spool to bind . Try loosening off the through bolts to see if spools work better. Simon C
He mentioned the spool moved freely without the kickout in post 5. I'm not sure what the kickout consists of?
Does this machine have electric detents on both spools? The pictures in the Clark parts book sure look like it is a hydreco valve. These were used on case loaders and some Trojans. I can’t find any real good info on them but the pictures and breakdowns are way better in the Case parts books. If you look in a W14 or 680k you can find them. It may require a complete disassembly of the detent/centering spring and a good cleaning.