Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Clark C20P brakes

n308 ยท 2015-09-26 15:36

Hello, I am new here. Inherited an old ( 60s) Clark fork lift and there is something wrong with the right side brake. I've taken it down this far and cannot pull the plate off to go further. What do I do next to get to the brake shoes.

Replies5
  1. #1lantraxco2015-09-26 17:14

    This is a different model but should be about the same, have you got all the nuts off the studs around the rest of the circle? http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/koboma/2011-03-03_162309_clark_brake_1.jpg

  2. #2n3082015-09-26 17:45

    Brakes Thanks for the reply. I have not taken any nuts off the backside if that's what you mean by the rest of the circle. Everything in the front has been removed. # 20.547 is in the back I guess.

  3. #3lantraxco2015-09-26 20:51

    Right, studs with nuts evenly spaced like the bolts you took out right on around in a circle, five or six maybe?

  4. #4n3082015-09-27 16:44

    Thanks, I got the brake assembly off, should there be trans fluid coming out when I removed the assembly? Or is there supposed to be a seal there?

  5. #5lantraxco2015-09-27 23:03

    I believe those are supposed to be wet brakes, but I can't speak with authority on that particular model.