Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Clark c300 not going into forward or reverse

Tshuell8 · 2025-03-07 12:52

Hey guys thank you for all the info on this website! I have an issue with this forklift not going into forward or reverse. Have been told maybe inching valve. I have a question…if the valve is operating correctly is the plunger that connects to the linkage supposed to be in or out?

Replies6
  1. #1TD242025-03-07 16:44

    In.. Retracted ... Not extended...

  2. #2Tshuell82025-03-07 16:46

    Thank you, if it is retracted, could it still be engaging neutral if the springs and piston bad?

  3. #3TD242025-03-08 10:12

    I springs were broken; jammed and stacked, they would force the plunger out further to pivot the lever outward. From your pic, it does not appear to be expanded. If the lever/cam is fully retarded back against the cover, you are not releasing. ( Unless someone has repositioned the lever on the splines clamped end.) If truck ever moved; and you did not change, not that. Just remove the pin connecting the plunger to the pivot arm and see if it moves. This eliminates any broken spring jams holding it open.

  4. #4Tshuell82025-03-08 10:16

    Thank you for that. If the inching valve is in correct position, do you have another portion I should check to see why it’s not going into forward or reverse?

  5. #5TD242025-03-08 17:22

    Yes.. Fluid level-Is it to full mark on dipstick? Pump working-( Careful and slow and slight/Can spew ou t. )-Loosen either line at the trans filter with engine idling. Should get a flow of fluid. Any flow here would indicate transpressue available and make it "Try" to move. If fluid level proper and flow thru filter and does not move... I would have to be there to observe and make pressure checks. It has been so long since I actually worked on one, I cannot describe the physical hookup up of gauges from memory. There are "ports" on the cover there. to connect gauges, .25 " pipe plugs. Can get pump and converter pressure readings from them. Last one I actually tapped was in 1994.

  6. #6TD242025-03-08 17:45

    A little pic to view.....