This may seem to be a very elementary question, but where is the oil drain plug located on this machine. Yes, I suppose it is on the oil pan somewhere. How does one get to it? Because of the heavy frame/body around this lift, I do not see any access to the area for a drain plug. Must this lift be over a service pit to have access to the drain plug? I have no jacks or machinery that are rated to elevate this lift. Clark Model #C60-86-768.
I was wondering if a 4 ton rated floor jack will lift the rear of this Clark forklift. Tried my 1 1/2 ton jack on it, jack grunted and did not lift. Anybody know what it would take to lift the rear side of this forklift? Trying to change the oil. thanks
A C60 weighs around 20,000 lbs, doubt your lift the counterweight end with any typical jack. I make ramps out of 2 x 6 or 2 x 8 boards. Cut one board long, and one board shorter, then slice a long taper on the end of each board. Place the short one on top of the long one and join them with a couple of screws. Place the ramp end of the long board in front of each rear wheel and drive forward until you have rear wheel on top of the short board. This will lift the rear an additional 3 inches off the ground. Now lift forks a couple of feet off of the ground, tilt mast all the way back. Cut some hardwood blocks just tall enough to fit under the mast channel frames at the bottom. Fit the blocks under the mast frame and tilt forward, this will lift the front wheels a couple of inches. Once front wheels are lifted, find some board that will fit under the front wheels to keep it from settling downward.
willie59 I thought the forklift was quite a bit heavier than any my jacks, but did not know how heavy. Thanks for that info. Excellent idea for building wooden ramps, easy enough to do. Good tip for raising the front as well. Once the forklift is up, I will block it well. Regards,
Tagging onto this thread for this question. I want to replace the coolant in the radiator of this forklift. Can someone tell me what the coolant capacity is for this unit? Want to put antifreeze in today to upgrade/replace the fluid. Standard antifreeze okay? thanks,
Look in the engine owners manual, or post what engine it is. If it's diesel you probably want to use either a SCA or OAC (?).
The engine is a Continental flat head 6 cylinder engine. Propane fueled. It is from the sixties, I am told. I do not have a manual. Clark forklift Model #C60-86-768. I hope this helps. Any info is appreciated. thanks.
Gotcha, standard antifreeze is fine. Probably about 5 gallons total in the system (2 1/2 gallons of concentrate) but you might not be able to get it all out. If you're working in a heated shop, I'd flush it before you put new antifreeze in, or wait until warmer weather and flush it good before adding new stuff. Also, use distilled water if you don't get premixed antifreeze.
I just drained the radiator this time. I do not know how much was in the engine. I bought the 50/50 mix. The flushing of the system will have to be done another time. What came out of the radiator was clean looking. I will add distilled water to it and be good. Thank You for your help. Happy New Year ( I can still say that,right )
When handling the majority of cargo weighing 0,5-3,2 m in closed warehouses, it is a common practice was to use a pallet as a container, so the main working body of a forklift are forks. Usually their length depends on the type of pallet, and ranges from 730 to 1100 mm. Selecting them, you must bear in mind not only the size of pallets, but also the fact that with fork length, the width of the working passageway of a forklift also increases.