Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Clark GPS30MB

Geezer S ยท 2014-07-20 08:02

Re: reduction type starter (type 2) I am unable to find a brush spring or brush holder for the reduction starter (type 2) on a 4G54 (2.6L) ---In the Service Manual (SM-520r) in parts group 11--- pg 6.15-2, the brush spring is listed as 11.079 and the holder is listed as 11.042. On the next page the service manual describes a test for spring tension and criteria for replacement. However it was suggested by a "CLARK PARTS" store that I just buy the whole starter for $600+ dollars (they didn't have the brush spring I guess). I'll try to machine the flywheel housing to accept a DELCO type starter before I do that. Does any one on here have access to parts, or maybe an old used starter for parts? I really like this Clark forktruck and want to keep it running.

Replies2
  1. #1BillG2014-07-20 08:54

    You didn't say what make or model starter that you have so I took a guess. I have used this company a few times and only had one return because the starter was incorrect. http://www.dbelectrical.com/p-7443-new-starter-caterpillar-clark-mitsubishi-db-electrical.aspx

  2. #2Geezer S2014-07-20 21:14

    Its a Mitsubishi starter--reduction type II used on a 4G54 (2.6L) Mitsubishi engine in a GPS30MB Clark forktruck. Thanks for the link BillG ---I'll buy that starter instead of repairing the old one and bookmark the link for sure--