A friend of mine had some tweekers come through his yard stealing anything metal and they stole the radiator and cut out all the wiring on this diesel forklift. The thing is older than my kids and I haven't been able to find anything on it and was wondering if anyone might suggest a place to look or had a schematic. I know we can figure it out with enough time but was hoping to short cut the process a little. Thanks in advance. John C.
Too new for me, I used to work on the Clark Ranger CR60 forklifts which predated the IT's. I agree a schematic would be handy, but on a diesel rig all you probably need is a hot wire from the big starter terminal to the key switch, ign wire from the switch to the shutoff solenoid, start wire to the starter solenoid, and power to the gauges if any. Depending on the alternator type, the main hot lead to the load side of the ammeter if it has one. What part of the Great Northwet (sic) you in?
The alternator has been changed to a self regulated one which is easy. The other issue is the neutral safety switch and however it is wired on the column. This thing looks like it has the fire breathing dragon for the preheat in the manifold also, any advice on that. Do you think that was powered off a relay somewhere. The best part of a wiring diagram though is I can give it to the friend and he can do the work himself. This mess is in Kent.