so, how do you clean it out? I am running a heater under the car body, as I had water (ice) in it, oil and grease. Since I have the gearbox off, I can access it from the top, but I was curious how others clean it out if need be. Access thru the drain hole, is pretty limited. FYI the heater is working great, as it’s even melting the grease.
You only got two choices. Dig it out through the swing gear box hole or drain it down through the carbody.
The only times I've ever changed the grease was during a swing bearing replacement, but that's a different scenario. I've had a few occasions where the swivel has leaked oil into the pan and liquefied the grease making it easy to drain. That may be an option for you, dump 5 gal of hydraulic oil in there and swing the machine a few dozen times until it's liquid enough to drain.
Good day Our experience has been to flush with Kerosine and dispose of in a safe and responsible manner, be sure you have addressed the root cause of the issue. Some machines have an access hatch near the boom cylinder anchors you can insert a cleaning lance to make a good job following the flushing process. Kind regards uffex