My awesome Deere 35G has a top window covered in gunk of some kind. It could be sap but I'm not sure. I have tried various solvents to no avail. I am considering using a sander or polisher with a scrubbing pad and some kind of glass cleaner. I could use your help. Any suggestions?
lets see some pictures. If its oily try a little diesel or a little brake clean and see what it does. Did someone replace the glass with lexan, and now its all sun/UV faded and ate up? If its glass you don't want a sander on it.
I don't have any useful pictures of the glass and the machine is not close by. I don't think the glass has been replaced but I will look more closely. Your idea of brake clean is a good idea. Machine is 2014 and I doubt upper glass has ever been seriously cleaned. I've had it for about two years.
When you try various cleaners, just start in a corner. That way if you mess it up, its not in the middle of where you're looking all the time.
Good tip. Thank you. I'm reading steel wool or brass wool works too.
If it's some kind of organic or oily gunk, I like easy off oven cleaner, "Fume Free" in a blue spray can, NOT the yellow can. Don't get the walmart copy, it's not as good for cruddy gunk. No idea if this is the type of gunk you have, just what works sometimes. There are also bronze wool scrubbers that won't scratch glass, but any sand in the gunk will scratch.
FYD00006289 @ $317 from Deere. Can't find description to see material (glass or polycarbonate).
Finish it off with INVISIGLASS.. Good stuff.!!