Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cleanout Bucket Size for EX50U

mutti_wilson ยท 2017-02-20 17:50

I need to purchase a cleanout bucket and wondering what the pros/cons you all have of a 36" vs 48"? Essentially it'll be used for grading, foundation work general finishing while my toothed 24" will be my main digger. Machine is a Hitachi EX50U 10,000LB class.

Replies7
  1. #1code542017-02-20 19:55

    I use a 36" on my smaller machine mainly because the larger you go the more "Level" you need to be to get a good cut. Now if you a tilter (Hydra-tilt, etc) then it is a lot less of an issue to get the correct slope or smoothness.

  2. #2mutti_wilson2017-02-21 01:34

    Good point. I'm leaning toward a 36" bucket. I've got no plans for a tilt setup. This thing doesn't earn me any money. It might save me a bit but that's about it

  3. #3Tags2017-02-21 09:41

    I have a 4 footer on a Kubota 161, never wanted it smaller, in fact, after we bought it we made it a bit taller, just need to be careful when you reach out all the way. It's great for stripping sod, spreading stone and process.

  4. #4Clguest2017-02-27 10:40

    I use the 39" grading bucket with E35 Bobcat. It seems a good pairing for all I do.

  5. #5Clguest2017-02-27 10:42

    That is, for all I do with this bucket. Also have 16" and 24" buckets with teeth. 24" gets the most use of the three.

  6. #60072017-02-28 06:35

    Your machine can handle ether size or larger with eze. I kept the width of mine down because where i am digging is very rocky and if you pick up something unmovable out on the edges of the bucket you put alot of strain back on the stick and bushes. Bolt on cutting edge is a must where i am.

  7. #7PipeGuy2017-03-23 16:38

    I have a 36" on my JD 50D. I have also twisted my boom with it. I use it a lot to prep for asphalt/ concrete and also cleaning up yards and such. The wider the bucket the harder it is on the pins and bushings.