When i first log on to my computer it will show stuff that i have logged on to in the past and i would like to delet this. I have went into the history and cleared it but it dosent clear every thing.
Use something like Ccleaner. I'm not recomending that one, that's just what I use, even though I've read it's not as good as the competition. The free version works fine, it just takes some reading to figure out where to click to actually get the free version.
If you're looking to not leave traces of where you've been with cookies and such then use firefox's 'Private browsing' but keep in mind if you want to visit a site later and can't remember how you got there firefox won't be of any help
I use the paid version of Mil Shield. There is a free trial version. It works very well. Be sure you have all your passwords stored somewhere. It will log you off websites that require passwords. https://www.milincorporated.com/milshield2.html
Doug, not sure but if you're using firefox jam this into your location bar about: preferences#privacy remove the space between the : and p because it just makes a raspberryface. good stuff in there.
Wow didn't know that. Good tip!
Good day Currently I use both Safari and Firefox browsers while the former has provision to delete browsing history it needs an Devel op addition to remove what is referred to as Cache's while Firefox has the one key to do both, no software required. Not sure about current Microsoft platforms gave up on that years ago. Clearing the history has a speeding effect to the browser. Kind regards Uffex
I used to use "Internet Explorer" But there were alot of sites that wont recognise IE anymore & couldnt get on specific web pages.. "IE" has a "clear history" section under TOOLS then hit "internet options" & it'll get u there & u can set a time to delete all history.. I selected "every time u shut down".. & it worked perfectly.. I now switched to "Chrome".. & i have the same problem as u.. I found the clear history page but "U" have to do it.. EVERY TIME u shut down.. I havent found any page to do it automatically..
Thats quite a good habit to adopt Kind regards Uffex
"I THINK" if u get to the "TOOLS" section of your computer.. & go to either security or internet options.. It'll show u what the DEFAULT home page/search engine your using.. IF ur using Chrome as your main search engine & it says, MSNBC.. CHANGE IT.. THEN scroll down to the history section & change THAT to EVERY TIME.. I havent done it yet but I KNOW that it says Internet Explorer for my default.. I have to change it to Chrome.. {follow my own advise}
Like Delmer suggested ---> CCleaner. I have been using the Professional version for many years. Not only does it erase website cookies, browser history and the cache, but it also scans the operating system registry. I quit using MilShield on my Windows 10 laptop.
If you are using chrome there is an addon called "click and clean" that allows you to clear all the history etc when you use it to close chrome. Otherwise just use Firefox and configure it to clear history and cookies when you exit firefox
I just want to know what you guys are hiding!? LOL
Me, nothing.
Not hiding anything, just that where I live and work internet is often difficult and anything that uses up space will slow it down even more. Oftentimes I have to climb up a hill and hope to get enough phone signal to make the world come to my laptop. Also if I am looking for something I don't need ebay and google to send me reminders about what I looked at last time I logged on to the net and remind me that i didn't buy anything.
Yes, slowing down my computer is a bad side effect of visiting websites. People tracking me and all the crap that websites leave behind when I exit them is why I delete everything on a regular basis. Here is a screenshot of an analysis of the condition of my laptop right now.
I don't use chrome for that reason. Mine with standard goggle is set to delete every time I shut down. Eventually I may have to modern up but as long as the old standard goggle works I'm back with it. Get a lot less crap this way.
Good day folks Reading the threads i find that some of the content rings a few bells, doing battle with IT issues seems to be part of the daily work routine. This past winter I decided to make a project to resolve some of my irritations. I am interested to hear of others ideas and solutions - suggestions, attached is a brief PDF of my project which may be of interest to some or the forum members. Kind regards Uffex
When I have some time I'll work my way through your PDF file a little slower and with better concentration. I went through similar trials but all with Mac products. The biggest issue was when they changed chips and operating systems. I still have an old lap top that runs on System 7 so I can keep some of the old projects I put together. My desk top now is an IMac that is more than ten years old and running Yosemite and a one year old Macbook Pro running Mojave. I stayed away from the Microsoft stuff for years because of the bugs in the software and the level of expertise needed to keep those systems running. I had to run a business and my business wasn't about working on computers. I do run Microsoft Office on the Macs now and it runs much better on these platforms than I ever had it run on high end PC lap tops.
An old thread but, I finally figured out how to stop CCleaner from logging me out of websites that I prefer to stay logged on. I use pc's no Mac's. CCleaner has an option page and on it is where you can select which website's cookies you do not want erased. Simply select the cookie and hit the arrow in the middle of the page to keep, or shift it to Cookies on Computer Any and all cookies left on the computer side will be erased in the next cleaning.