Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Clutch Cutout Solenoid – CASE 580K – What do you recommend.

Johnhrich ยท 2013-02-06 21:33

I got the floor plate off today and cleaned up on top of the transaxle. I knew that the clutch cutout button on the shifter wasn't having an impact so I wanted to see what's up. Pic #1 is what it looks like from the top view. The location I understand to be the solenoid location is circled. The second picture shows a closer perspective. What it appears like to me is a steel shaft, with some treads on the end sticking out of the power shuttle - and it doesn't move by hand. So I'm not sure exactly what options I have at this point. The machine works, and all I have to do to change gears is move the forward/reverse shifter on the steering column to neutral. But I'd like to know what I think that I may have to do to get the cutout working. Any experience with this guys? thanks,

Replies5
  1. #1melben2013-02-06 21:56

    That is where the magnet goes on and is held by a nut on the short section of threads, someone removed it either to test it. or use somewhere else. It may or may not be available as a seperate part. The magnet when activated causes a internal plunger to move. There should be a wire with two conductors in close proximity and you can verify proper circuit operation by observing voltage when clutch disconnect switches are activated. Mel.

  2. #2trevor b2013-02-06 22:55

    cut out valve is listed at colemans for 165.00 trevor b

  3. #3alrman2013-02-07 06:23

    118872A1 valve is sold complete including coil. Can't buy the coil any other way. - $165.00 sounds like a bargain from over here!

  4. #4Abdiver2023-11-30 13:31

    Where did you find the correct part as I am looking for one for my 580e Thanks

  5. #5Tinkerer2023-12-01 07:06

    Any Case Construction or CNH Dealer can get it for You.