Hi, Can anyone suggest me some powder coaters? My friend is a farmer and he wants to coat some agricultural machinery. He asked me suggestions. I have heard about some of the companies here. But, I don’t have any experience with them. So, I am confused whether to suggest him the companies or to search for a better one. Does anyone have any previous experience? Can you tell me the best coating techniques available for farming equipment? Is it better to consult the companies offering services related to powder coat painting in Toronto ? And how much would these companies charge for their services? Replies awaited. Thank you!
My experience with powder coating is limited to equipment purchased new. Including parts on a back hoe, 32' trailer, cement mixer and other items. They all have **** poor longevity for a paint job and are all peeling. Manufacturers love the process as there are little VOC's to deal with. I have always had excellent durability with sand blasting, priming and painting with high performance coatings. A custom powder coat process may be better. There is no primer used and my bad experience may be due to improper surface preparation. I will stick to what has always worked for me.
I wouldn't recommend powder coating for anything other than yard art. One little ding on it and moisture forms rust under it and it just keeps traveling under it. Good surface prep, a quality primer and quality paint will serve better on farm machinery. At least if the paint gets dinged the rust won't travel under it. JMHO, Mike
When powder coating first came out, everyone was in love with it- manufacturers loved the magnetic "no skill" application, the hard finish etc. I don't see everyone as excited about it as before. I don't know specifically what your looking at powder coating, but oven size for the baking the finish is usually the limiting factor on size of objects.