Cat 321DL MPG00647 On my aux plumbing I have the 4 bolt flanges at connections between hoses and hard lines. Im going to install a thumb and have see on several other machines "T" blocks (for lack of a better or the correct term) installed between the flanges to provide a connection point to connect the thumb plumbing without giving up the original outlet point keeping it available for other attachments. Questions- I have not unbolted the flanges on my machine yet but the bolt patterns measurements appear to indicate that a code 62 flange is what I have. One line is a dash 16 size and the other is a dash 20. I have see on a web site, clearwaterhydraulics.com that they say while the measurements are the same, the Cat flanges are different then the code 62 flanges. Dose anyone know if a difference exists and can a code 62 be used against the Cat flange? Dose anyone have a supplier for these "T" blocks? I have found code 62 gauge blocks with a dash 6 orb port but that is way too small. Are these available from Cat? Someone is making them with what appears to be at least a dash 12 outlet. I have a few images of different machines that have them. Hopefully someone has some info on them. Nice way to tap into the aux plumbing.
Try Discount Hydraulics. I am familiar with Code 61 but not 62.
“There are two pressure-rated standards: • Code 61 (Standard Pressure) • Code 62 (High Pressure) Each style and size has a unique bolt pattern. The high pressure Code 62 assembly flanges have a larger diameter and thickness than the standard pressure Code 61 flanges” I tried a search for discount hydraulics and the only thing close I found was discount hydraulic hose.com
Hopefully Nige will see your post as I am sure he will know where to find what you're looking for. I have an organized box with all the code 61 and 62 plugs to put under the clamps when the 4 bolts flanges are removed, and the 62 are quite a lot thicker to withstand higher working pressure. Simon C
I'm struggling a bit to understand exactly what your final assembly is going to look like. Are you planning on replacing the existing Block (that's what Cat calls them) with one that has different connections/bolt patterns.? Or are the photos in your post above NOT from your machine.? If yes, then which of the three connections in the Block will remain the same and which ones are going to change.? The attachment is interesting. It shows how the AUX lines on your particular machine were originally built. It appears to indicate that the Block has been added later.
“they say while the measurements are the same, the Cat flanges are different then the code 62 flanges. Dose anyone know if a difference exists and can a code 62 be used against the Cat flange?” The O rings are the same. The Cat flanges are thicker than code 62. But, you can make code 62 flanges work on a Cat fitting if you install them as a set with new cap screws. But, why? Because code 62 flange kits are way less expensive than Cat flanges. It’s a low pressure thumb circuit, so it’s probably fine. But, why?
The images I attached to my original post are not of my machine. I’m using them to show examples of the block I’m looking for. I’m going to install that block between the hose and the hard line connection. That connection is a code 62 flange. I’m looking for a supplier of the block to insert between the flanges that has an additional port to use to connect to a thumb cylinder and still retain the ability to use the original piping that terminates near the bottom of the stick with the factory installed installed valve for a tilt bucket, ect. Another way to think of it is a “T” fitting that has the code 62 flange connections and an ORB port. I’m attaching a picture of an another machine that shows the full piping layout to hopefully give you a better understanding of what it will look like when it’s finished. The only difference is I’ll be adding valves to shut off the thumb circuit while using the lower connection. As for Cat vs code 62, I just wanted to see if they were compatible.
Here is another example with the shut off valve.
Try Hydraulic Circuit Technology. They build all sorts of excavator attachment products, I bet they'll have T adapter manifold and for sure will have the shut off valve you're going to need to shut off the thumb when using a breaker. > https://hctkits.com/
Take one of the flange halves off and measure the thickness of the groove. All I remember seeing in my time at the dealership were code 61 in those places. Big the dealer bought the kits from HKX.
A bit of AI searching and I found these manufacturers: Michigan Hydraulic Flange Manufacturer - Main Manufacturing - Michigan MAIN develops, manufacturers & distributes hydraulic flanges and components. We offer 4-bolt hydraulic flanges, split flanges, special hydraulic connectors & ot www.mainmanufacturing.com CD61/CD62 Spacer Blocks with Gage Port 4-Bolt Flanges On Anchor Fluid Power As part of our extensive inventory of standard and custom items, Anchor Fluid Power offers a variety of carbon steel bolt flanges. Contact us for more information! catalog.anchorfluidpower.com You may have to call and tell exactly what you're looking for but they seem like they could quickly get you something.
The cat flange is only different in that you only need to remove one bolt to remove