Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CODES: D5k2 serial # DW207911

ZayneJernigan ยท 2023-08-18 20:32

Need to know what CODE IS: > *Warning: "Right Drive Motor" Speed Sensor #2..(Under the WARNING sign is) #2688-8....Where can I locate this sensor? And should I replace it?

Replies8
  1. #1Nige2023-08-19 05:56

    Kudos for posting a Serial Number (although I think you mean KW2 prefix rather than DW2) and all the relevant details of the Diagnostic Code. See below for an illustration of the sensor location on the back side of the RH drive motor. You will need to remove one or more panels from the back side of the machine and reach in from there to access it. First I suggest to unplug the sensor from the machine harness and check for any oil in the electrical connector. Oil indicates that the sensor has failed and should be replaced.

  2. #2ZayneJernigan2023-08-19 14:01

    Thank You so much for your speedy reply. Now I know what to look for. I live an Hour from the highway and 3.5 hrs. from nearest Cat Company. So, If possible, I try to figure out how to "Do It Yourself" ......And, Yes, You are correct: KW207911......Smiles.

  3. #3Nige2023-08-19 14:20

    If the sensor connector is dry there is a test procedure that you can do to find the fault. Let us know what you find.

  4. #4ZayneJernigan2023-08-20 14:58

    Yay!!! You are the best!! Took plate off and cleaned sensor and put back together and the warning sign and all the bells and whistles are now off. Thank you Sir....I am so happy I found this forum......Thumbs up!

  5. #5Nige2023-08-21 06:23

    Did you also clean the sensor connection on the LH drive motor while you were in there.? Sod's Law dicates that in a couple of weeks you'll have a similar Code for it.

  6. #6ZayneJernigan2023-08-22 12:11

    Looked at all wiring available to see and Yes, checked that as well....All is good for now. Thanks, Again...Z

  7. #7john272024-02-18 13:09

    Hello sir I have this same issue.have done all the wiring process and still no changes what should I do

  8. #8Nige2024-02-18 16:32

    Welcome John. Can you start with a few basics such as your machine Serial Number please. Do you have any Active Diagnostic Codes showing on the Monitor panel.? If you do have Active Codes, what are they.? Also tell us a little about the problem surfaced. Did it slowly get worse over a long period of time or did it literally appear suddenly, either while the machine was working, or when you stopped it one night and the problem appeared on startup the next day.?