Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

coils for contactor wabco 111A

speedway ยท 2016-10-31 02:07

Hi i'm operating a 111A on a bush block to maintain a speedway track .I,m having trouble with the contactor for the elevator ,The coil has been operated on 24 volts DC and gets very hot .After rewiring the system to original wiring diagram I melted the coil totally. Bridge for 24 volts was not removed so more or less a straight short . I ,m looking for a replacement coil and any suggestion where I can purchase one would be greatly appreciated .

Replies4
  1. #1Mark2502016-10-31 03:39

    hi Seedway, I was heading to Hervey bay a few months ago and noticed a 111a sitting in a paddock on the Hervey bay Marybourgh road. looked like they had been there a while. You may have some contacts near there to check it out or I could ask my brother in law if he is not busy your not going to like this but just recently I threw out a heap of contactors, transformers and steering brake parts I used to have some books on these old girls and will have a look if your interested Mark

  2. #2speedway2016-10-31 07:46

    Hi mark Yes you are right !!!but that's live .yes i'm interested in parts you may have to get the old girl going again .I have a spare parts book but it is not complete and many parts descriptions don't match me machine. I'm a diesel mechanic but not in the earth moving industry and have no contacts with operators or owners of similar machines ,just like to preserve/repair and use old machinery on the weekend.Thanks for your replay should have joint this site years ago but computer-skills are not one of me strengths. kind regards Urs

  3. #3joe29102sc2016-11-07 15:32

    wabco pan Hey I used to work for a construction company here in SC and the owner bought only wabco scrapers and I operated one for a long time his companies name is Richardson construction in Columbia SC you might give them a call he has a giant bone yard full of them.

  4. #4speedway2016-11-09 06:37

    Joe thanks for the lead ,got the e-mail address and will contact them soon. web site is impressive.thanks again .