Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Colorado- We need rocks to break!

Niall ยท 2014-01-02 16:01

Hi, sending out a feeler, CFI Technologies has been developing a non explosive rock breaking method ( www.Capprex.com ). We have carriers handling the unit out on the fields, but we need a site to test the latest carrier we have mounted it on. It is a Volvo EW55B, it is a small wheeled excavator, so if you have a need for a foundation being dug in solid rock, boulders (LARGE) that need busting, without a timeframe(as we are in development), and are in a drier part of the state please let me know. [email protected] Thanks guys, T'is a tall order in the middle of winter but you never know. Here is a thread I started describing the tech, the videos are preliminary proof of concepts. Still safe, but the pressures now are even lower(almost no flyrock) yet effective.

Replies6
  1. #1Colorado Digger2014-01-02 18:40

    No shortage up here. Although, I don't have anything giving me trouble at the moment I do have a large pile of 5-6' footers. We are working in Aspen. Regards, CD

  2. #2Niall2014-01-02 19:15

    Thank You Digger, currently in steamboat springs so quite close. They have done quite a bit of secondary breakage in the past and it would be a great test bed so I'll chat up my boss about it. FYI it would be a small group; the machine, 2 engineers, and a hand(me). We're ready to break things, hopefully more rock then machine , as such though we are looking for an appropriate setting where we would not become a bother. May I ask for a picture of the rocks (I'm being nerdy) Thanks for the thought! Niall

  3. #3Colorado Digger2014-01-02 19:28

    Here you Sorry, Don't know how the second one made it on there.

  4. #4Niall2014-01-02 20:44

    Cheers CD, I'll have to bring this up Niall

  5. #5rdj_myhre@yahoo2014-03-19 20:20

    rocks If you want to travel try So Dakota . Big stone quarrys piles of overburden slabs

  6. #6blitz1382014-03-20 12:56

    Digger you just wanted to show off where you get to work....