Looking at purchasing a SEC manufactured ditching bucket Any on have experience good or bad on a SEC Brand bucket?
absolute junk chinnnese sold by ritchies run don't walk seen them peel apart first day
It depends. What soil conditions will you be using it in? If its easy digging it won't tear apart. Is it a great deal? I wouldn't spend much, certainly not new! When you say ditching are you talking a Vee bucket or cleanup? In certain non commercial applications with some common sense they will do the trick, but they are just mild steel you have to keep that in mind all the time! Don't even think of touching a rock with it! I have a SEC 68" brush rake, I got it for scrap price, straightened all the bent tines and reinforced it, it holds up fine for my application, but I don't abuse it.
@Shimmy1 has had a SEC ditching tilt bucket for several years. He hasn't torn up the bucket, but i think he's had issues with the cylinders.
cleaning the ditches along side roads cleaning up vegation and soils wasted down the slopes.
Had a 36" Sec tooth bucket on a PC120. Bent the cutting edge pulling on a rock. Any decent bucket would have been ok. Like the other post. Light Duty ok. If you have employees using it don't get mad when you get the phone call for a broken bucket.
54" rake on a 120-3 with non experienced operator bent outside tines in a few hours. 39" dig bucket on same machine seems good so far but haven't put many hrs on it yet.
My friends and I call them "butter buckets"....awful! A used bucket that is 50% worn will give you much more life.