Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Compact Wheel Loader Options

thesanchez ยท 2024-08-27 23:24

I'm looking for a compact wheel loader to load and unload cargo from my boat. Has to be under 60in wide, and preferably under 3,000lbs with the capacity to lift at least 1700lbs - I know that's a tall order. It seems like articulating wheel loaders are very common in Europe (Avant, Cast, etc) but not very common in the states. Any other suggestions? Bobcat has a L23, but it weighs almost 4,000lbs and picks up less than 1400. Don't need an enclosed cab and will only be running forks.

Replies12
  1. #1PeterG2024-09-01 13:02

    Is the machine going onto the boat? Are you loading and unloading trucks? To lift 1700 lbs, most machines I think will have a weight closer to 5000-6000lbs. I just sold a Hitachi wheel loader that likely had a 6000 lb weight and probably couldn't lift 2000lbs. You might want to show some images of the boat set up, and the items you're loading and unloading.

  2. #2crane operator2024-09-01 13:50

    A compact walk behind skid would be a option. Vermeer, Bobcat, Ditchwitch, toro are brands I've seen. The vermeer ctx 160 weighs 3,800 and is rated at 1,600 (SAE)- which is usually 50% of tipping load. Its only 42" wide. They make smaller ones that may get the weight down. Vermeer CTX160 Mini Skid Steer - Heavy-lifting Skid Loader Vermeer CTX160 mini skid loaders offer maximum control, heavy lifting capabilities and a compact footprint for your landscaping or tree care jobsite. See it now. www.vermeer.com

  3. #3crane operator2024-09-01 13:51

    I think you're going to have a hard time finding a articulating loader, that will meet your weight expectations.

  4. #4crane operator2024-09-01 13:59

    I just looked up those avant 528 loaders. They do meet your specs, and there's dealers in the states for them. Weighs 3100 and 2100 tipping/ 1100 sae lift rating.

  5. #5PeterG2024-09-02 13:06

    I wouldn't trust those ratings real well especially with a lift of 4' high or higher.

  6. #6apetad2024-09-03 13:25

    Gehl AL550, articulated loaders | GEHL Check out the pictures, videos, accessories and technical specifications of the Manitou AL550. Find here a Manitou articulated loaders dealer to know its price. www.gehl.com

  7. #7apetad2024-09-03 13:32

    Gehl GCT 3-14, construction telehandlers | GEHL Check out the pictures, videos, accessories and technical specifications of the Manitou GCT 3-14. Find here a Manitou construction telehandlers dealer to know its price. www.gehl.com

  8. #8crane operator2024-09-03 20:44

    Those last two gehl machines are 6 and 7,000lbs. He needs to stay under 3,000 lbs.......

  9. #9apetad2024-09-25 10:23

    1800AWL Articulated Wheel Loader Rayco 1800 Articulated Wheel Loaders | Versatile and Powerful Equipment for Efficient Material Handling www.raycomfg.com

  10. #10KSSS2024-09-28 12:19

    I rented a CASE 15 little wheel loader for a week. CASE/NH started carrying them, they are built by Giant. I came away totally impressed with it. I used it on grass, has wide tires, no damage. Controls are very nice. My only complaint with it was the quick attach latch is a little lame. The rest of the machine is way more machine than I would have expected it to be.

  11. #11Welder Dave2024-10-02 23:20

    I think you need to consider where the lift ratings are measured from. Forklifts are usually at 24" out but I've seen loader capacities measued at the bucket hinge pin.

  12. #12KSSS2024-10-03 08:17

    https://online.fliphtml5.com/kkbp/ntra/#p=2 Here is an example of different weight capacities based on location of the weight.